We had the chance to visit the UK for my grandfather's 80th birthday. It was an amazing opportunity for both Robert, who hasn't met my grandparents, and Britton. We left April 16th - just after the busiest time of the year for me and this tax season was especially crazy. Our trip was only 7 days long - not long enough at all since we spent 2 days traveling. While over in the UK we got to visit with my Auntie Lizzie and her family (Mom's sister), my cousin Sarah (Mom's brother's daughter), Auntie Anne-Marie & Carl (Dad's sister), my grandparents (on Dad's side) and a hand full of other relatives most of whom I hadn't seen in over 10+ years.
Traveling with a baby is always a challenge - traveling 7 hours in a plane with a baby was one of the biggest challenges I've faced in 7 months. It was defiantly worth it though.
We even got to spend half a day in London and we went on the London Eye, something I've never seen before. I'm pretty sure Robert enjoyed himself as he got to taste many different beer's while we were over there.
Hope it's not as long before the next time we get to visit :(


No comments:
Post a Comment