Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Half Way Through....

Well, it's just over 20 weeks into the pregnancy now. I can't believe that we are over half way through this journey!




Friday we had the BIG ultrasound to find out what "it" is. Much to my surprise (and I'm sure most everyone else's) the ultrasound tech said "You see those three white lines......" I was thinking - no not really, but Robert could see just fine. It's a GIRL!!! I just couldn't believe it so the tech showed us again.




As some of you know Robert and I had a bet going about the sex....I was just sure it would be a boy seeing Robert's family history of boy babies and he was just sure it was a girl. Here was the bet: If it's a girl Robert get a new Big Flat screen TV for the living room, if it's a boy I get to tile the kitchen floor. So the baby will get to watch lots of Baby Einstein DVD's on Daddy's new Big screen TV.




The heart rate was 151 (for all you nurse savy people) and she weighed about 12 oz - yes I have a coke can inside of me. We were able to see her heart and lungs, along with her bladder and all 10 fingers and toes. Although the ultrasound was not detailed enough to see if she carries the Overy trait of the triangle baby toe that I have and so do mom, Auntie Lizzie and Sarah.




All seems to be well for baby girl Mount. Possible name: Britton Elizabeth Mount. Still up in the air about the middle name. Should I really honor the Queen that much (haha)?




All I gotta say is I hope Baby Mount likes the color pink (my favorite color), tea parties at 3pm (with Grandma Frazier or Mimi (??) and ballet classes (from her Grandma Mount II) - she has a lot of that coming her way in the future.




Oh since we've got a baby name picked out - how about those grandparents?? Any suggestions on names for the old folks?

I'll post Ultrasound pictures in the next blog.
~M

No comments: