Britton Elizabeth Mount
Born Monday September 15, 2008
7:02am
Weight: 5lb 4oz
Length: 18.5 inches
I was admitted into the hospital after my "usual" Friday appointment (Friday Sept 12th) due to high blood pressure and major swelling of my feet/legs. They couldn't get my pressure to go down to acceptable levels so after 2 days and 2 different hospital rooms later I was given the news - we are going to induce you. Britton was perfectly fine and healthy - it was me the doctors were worried about. On Saturday at 1:35pm I was given Pitocin to start the labor, a few hours later my water was manually broken and an hour later my epidural was given. After 18 hours of "laboring" my cervix had no made enough progress so the doctors decided I would need a C-section. The time was running out on the time span for allowing my water to be broken before infection could get to the baby. Early Monday morning arrived Britton. 3.5 weeks early but full of energy and joy.
Due to still having high blood pressure we were forced to stay in the hospital 4 extra days after delivery. I'm on medication for the high pressure - fingers crossed it returns to normal.
So 7 days, 6 nights at Baptist Women's Hospital, 18 hours of labor, and at week 36.5 of pregnancy Britton Elizabeth Mount joins the Mount family.
Stay tuned for updates - can't promise tooo often right now as we are just adjusting to life at home and parenthood. I'll try to post lots of pics.


2 comments:
Congrats girl! And, I'm sure you did WONDERFUL!!!
so glad to hear that things are going well. let me know when you are feeling up to visitors. she is gorgeous Milly and I will be praying for yall that things go well and your BP goes back down.
Melody
Post a Comment