The second week in August we took the long drive down to Dauphin Island, AL for a week long trip at the beach (south of Mobile, AL and West of Gulf Shores, AL). A friend recommended we try Dauphin Island.....it was amazing!!! Seriously amazing. We went with another couple whom also have children B's age and rented a house on the beach, when I say on the beach I mean on the beach....walk down stairs and a couple hundred yards and bam there is sand and water. It was perfect - no worrying about fighting for towel space, no worrying about someone "bumping" into your child, no worrying about someone taking your beach stuff, no waiting on the elevator or having to get into the car to go back to the room. Now, there wasn't much else to do on D.I. besides beach but that is all I wanted....a relaxing week of sun, sand, and sleep. The mommies prepared the meal schedule ahead of time so we were prepared when we went to the grocery store and we mostly had sandwiches for lunches. This took away the headache of going out to eat with 3 kids under age 3!!!!
I would love to go back there again.







No comments:
Post a Comment