Hello all,
So I've decided to start a blog about the long road ahead so that all our family and friends across the WORLD can hear all the good and not so good news of the next 9+ months of our lives.
As many/all of you already know we found out we were expecting a kiddo on February 4th. Well, we got the actual "Yes" from my OBGYN on February 11th. So I'm sure you are thinking, like many people have already asked, "I didn't know you wanted to have children".....ha......surprise! We just decided to let nature take it's course - whatever happened, happened. And it happened! You hear about couples who stress over having children and have problems conceiving so we didn't want to get any ones hopes up too soon.
The decision of when to tell everyone was the next step - - I wanted to wait until the 1st ultra sound (coming up on March 17th - hopefully it won't revel a little leprechaun inside, ha) to just make sure everything was OK , but Robert couldn't keep it in any longer. So we broke the news to our parent's on Valentine's Day. After work on V-Day I went to Hallmark and bought two Willow Tree statues called "Grandmother". For those who don't know what a Willow Tree statue is, it is a simple statue of a lady/ladies that doesn't have facial features. They are really nice and collectibles. My plan was to take the wrapped statues over to our parents house and surprise them. I first called Dad & Amy in NYC around 6:30pm and broke the news there - they were excited of course. Then we went over to Mom and Steve's with the gift. Mom was very excited yet I think she had a feeling something was up! Next we went out to Collierville to see Robert's parents. They too were very excited yet very surprised since Ginny had long given up on requesting a grandchild from us!
The next weeks we have continued to spread the news to family and friends.
As I title of this blog suggests, according to the OBGYN I'm in my 9th week. Weeks 7 & 8 came with some morning sickness, nothing too bad just the occasional wave of nausea but I've been able to control it for the most part with lots of crackers and cheese nips. I'm dying to have a Starbucks coffee right now - ahhhhhh The doctor stressed NO Caffeine or sugar. Blast! This is going to be a long, long, long road to October. Oh - yeah the "expected" due date is October 7th. But if the kiddo is anything like me it had better be early! ha
So that's the scoop up through week 9. Not much going on right now. According to the pregnancy books the kiddo is the size of a grape right now. Crazy.
I'll try to update this blog weekly so check back in regularly for baby Mount updates. Oh and maybe you'll see the occasional picture as my belly grows. Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:
yay Milly, glad you started a blog. My mom originally started mine and then I have since kept it up and it has been great to record things I will never remember later. Good luck with everything and let me know if you have any questions.
Mel
I am researching Manhattan hospitals JUST in case this kid decides to make an appearance early - can't be cutting into my 28th bday celebrations ya know? hahahah JOKING.
I truly am excited to be an Aunty & one day corrupt him/her.
You will be great parents <3 looking forward to reading more blog entries too. Love you xx
Post a Comment